6/01/2008

Can't buy me love...

The following short article was published in my town's newspaper a while ago and I thought I'd post it since it's really interesting and thought-wakening:

There are those beautiful moments when a cliché gets a new meaning. And to achieve all this there is nothing else to do than to buy a DVD. Inland Empire by David Lynch costs 4€, it goes to cart immediately. At the checkout the girl gives me an ungraceful smile as she takes the disc. Seeing my incomprehension, she explains: the film is a total chaos, has no point at all. Well, maybe it is not that simple, I say silently. But she gives me a clean-cut answer: then how can it be that though it lasts 3 hours, it only costs 4€ while Rush Hour 2 lasts only 88 minutes and it costs 16€? Why, is value measured in prices, I ask. She replies in a tone that suggests the appeal does not lie: isn't it what they say; time is money?*

I think there is no need to say what the conclusion is...




*The article was written by Z. F.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...