6/03/2008

The end of an era.

I think all of you know by now that designer Yves Saint Laurent, one of the most influential men of the 20th century passed away Sunday. All the blogs and websites are paying tributes to him, talking about his life, his achievements and "Le Smoking". As someone really interested in fashion and its history, I can not be an exception. But instead of a biography, I would like to share with you some Yves Saint Laurent quotes because they show more what kind of person he was than reading facts and numbers.

"Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it."

"It pains me physically to see a woman victimized, rendered pathetic, by fashion."

"Isn't elegance forgetting what one is wearing?"

"I have often said that I wish I had invented blue jeans: the most spectacular, the most practical, the most relaxed and nonchalant. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity - all I hope for in my clothes. "


"I want to thank all the women who have worn my clothes, the famous and the unknown, who have been so faithful to me and given me so much joy."

"The most beautiful clothes that can dress a woman are the arms of the man she loves. But for those who haven't had the fortune of finding this happiness, I am there."


.:Rest in peace:.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...