2/08/2010

Another movie post.

After my huge disappointment, I practically spent the last week in the cinema, watching all the movies I could to get over my slight cinematographic depression. Now I can say I have seen all the movies available in English right now and I still long for something as thought-provoking, extraorinary and outstanding as the new Coen movie. Here is the 3+1 list of my latest experiences on the field of the big screen.

1. Nine
I've been waiting for this film for such a long time and maybe it was the problem - I know musical fans would call it a deadly sin but I must admit I loved the move except for the songs - some had nice lyrics though. Anyway, the actors were fantastic of course and the film itself was good, the atmosphere was similar to 8 e mezzo and I guess this was the point. But please, why is it that the songs are so lame? Not a single tone to remember.


2. Invictus
The new Clint Eastwood movie with Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman. It was a nice watch but nothing really special. Again, the actors saved it all.

3. The Road
With Viggo Mortensen, Charlize Theron, Robert Duvall and Guy Pierce it is yet again a film with great talents but with not really much to say. I basically still can't get it, it was not touching, it was not thought-provoking, it was quite simply very dark and very sad. I would say the creators tried way too hard to create something moving but due to these efforts they failed.

+1: The Hurt Locker
I would have never ever watched it if I didn't see Ralph Fiennes's name on the poster. And then what do I get? A war movie where Mr. Fiennes appears for about 3 minutes and then dies. The same could be told about Guy Pierce. I think this is nothing else but cheating - a dirty way to attract viewers to the cinema because they know otherwise no-one would watch it. Especially since the word of mouth of the movie is awful. So are the reviews. What on Earth is this film doing amongst the best this and that nominees for the Oscars...???

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...