1/16/2009

Miss Pettigrew lives for a day.

Nowadays I like to watch movies without knowing anything about their plot. The last example is Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day that I decided to watch because I like Frances McDormand and, most importantly, I loved its poster. Needles to say, I wasn't disappointed. I can't recall the last time I've seen a movie like this - it's whimsical, it's funny, entertaining and you never get bored while watching, not even for a minute. The end might be a bit predictable (but not from the beginning) yet it's impossible not to be impressed. On the other hand, the colours and the dresses are miraculous - you can see that by poster as well.
While most people call impossibly romantic movies "girly", I think Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day is what should be called girly. It might not become the favourite of a man, but I'm sure even they will find it great.
I know I have said it many times before (but after all, there are too many movies to like only one, right?), but Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day is definitely a must-see!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...