7/12/2009

Picture of the week - part 5.

I'm back from Rome and the picture of the week is related. This time it's nothing artistic - it's just that I can't help smiling whenever I look at it.
It's not surprising that there are men dressed as Roman soldiers all around the Colosseum, and though they do not have any little boxes to gather money for being photographed (it would be a way to make people know this is why they are there... like in the case of 'living statues'), they simply dislike it when tourists take some shots without paying. When it happens, they start to shout at you and even make angry faces. As you can see in the picture, I kind of upset them as well...
But this I guess is part of modern Roman life, just like those immigrants who sell fake Vuitton and Gucci bags from a blanket and run away in groups when a policeman happens to approach them...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...