5/13/2008

Separated at birth.

Since I am extra busy preparing for my exams, today's post is going to be about some things I have to learn, some things I find quite similar.
First, there is this rock painting from Tassili n'Ajjer (a mountain range in the Sahara), created thousands of years ago:

Then, some wandjina figures by Australian aboriginals. They are the guardians of water and remember the ancient flood. They are mouthless - if they had a mouth, water would spread out of it. Also, they are creators of Earth and Sky and clouds are usually painted over their heads. Maybe this is the reason why some "experts" say they are aliens...


And a painting many of you know: Munch's The Scream:

I know this figure has a mouth, but still... don't they look like they were separated at birth (by, let's say, a few thousands and hundreds of years)?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...