3/20/2009

The statue and the bird.

I can't recall who it was who stated, "sometimes you are the statue, other times you are the bird" but I think he was absolutely right. I don't think I need to explain the phylosophical meaning behind this quotation about abusing and being abused, loving without loving back and being loved without loving back.
Anyway, it seems seagulls share this thought and love the safety of looking at the world, behind the bird, what else?
The first picture is from Opatija, Croatia and the other one is from Venice, Italy.


My personal favourite is the first one, also because it reminds me of the words of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry: "
Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...