4/22/2012

75.

I know my last two posts had kind of a sad tone so today I decided to write about a living legend, who happens to have his 75th birthday today.
I don't think there is anyone who doesn't like Jack Nicholson - apart from being probably the most iconic living actor, his personality is also something to write home about; he is the ultimate bachelor and Casanova, a characteristic face with an irresistible charisma, paired with an enormous talent that manifested in classics like The Shining, Easy Rider or, more recently, As Good as it Gets.

I don't remember seeing a Nicholson movie I didn't like (and believe me, I've seen a lot of them) and I am sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Despite his more than 50 years in the business, he hasn't been typecast (unlike Al Pacino or even DeNiro, who most of the time play similar characters) and this is what makes him and everything he's in so exciting.
Sometimes of course it's hard to decide whether it is the movie that's good or simply Nicholson but it hardly ever matters - what he gives us is a superb experience, many hours of entertainment and the hope that maybe not all is lost for modern Hollywood cinema; at least not until he is around.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...