2/14/2012

The Perfect Valentine. No, not that one.

To tell you the truth, I couldn't care less about Valentine's Day. I am not in favor or against this "holiday", I just simply do not seem to care that much about it, probably because I come from a country where it is much less common than, say, in the US.

However, there is one Valentine I can't seem to get enough of - Chet Baker singing My Funny Valentine, that is (by the way, I have no idea why I prefer this version to the countless other ones). I am madly in love with the lyrics, the lines reflect true obsession and adoration, the best word to describe them is "musings" - and isn't it what we all want, to find our muse in life, who might not be perfect in the classical way but just perfect enough for us, someone so mesmerizing it's sending shivers down our spine, someone we could look at and listen to for eternity and never get bored... just like I never get bored of listening to My Funny Valentine.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...