9/20/2009

Life through a lens & Picture of the week.

Sorry for the week-long hiatus, as my internet connection gets more stable and my life starts to get some balance, I will try to post more and more. I promised in my last post that I would write a little bit more about Annie Leibovitz and now is the time. There was an exhibiton about her works here in Madrid and it was quite successful - no wonder.

I have to admit, even if I have always liked her works, I wasn't really familiar with those of her photos that did not depict famous people. However, I did know about her relationship with Susan Sontag, therefore I was moved by the huge amount of photographs she took of her during their happy days and during the time of Sontag's illness and dying. Yet, the pictures of her family - and here I should write the very same words, the happy days and the dying of her father - were even more touching, if it's possible.
Now I no longer just like Leibovitz, I admire her. Not only as a photographer, but also as a person who is so sensible and pays so much attention to those around her, she is capable of taking photos so beautiful that they say more than a thousand words.
Picture of the week: Leonardo DiCaprio with a swan, photo by Annie Leibovitz

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...