10/23/2009

In the Name of the Father...

In the Name of the Father is a movie I rarely watch because of the effect it has on me - I practically cry and cry while watching it. Yet, it's so beautiful and despite being overly shocking, so encouraging that I can't keep myself from sitting down with some handkerchieves and watch it. Also, the opening music is fantastic and mesmerizing. It is performed by Bono but it's quite different from what you'd expect from him, I would say it's darker but the lyrics are superpowerful here as well, as always. Whenever I listen to this song, I think about Daniel Day-Lewis and whenever I think about him, the first thing that comes to my mind is that he is such a good actor he might be too good. Really. If you don't believe it, watch In the Name of the Father and you'll understand everything.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...